This information can be also found in the download to the right of this page.
COURSE CONTENT IN RHETORIC I
Module 1: Development of practical skills:
- Practical skills
- Use of apparatus and techniques
Module 2: Foundation of Physics:
- Physical quantities
- Scalars and vectors
Module 3: Forces and motion
- Moments and Pressure
- Deforming Solids.
Module 4: Electrons, Waves and Photons
- Electric current
- Resistance and Resistivity
- Circuits and Practical Circuits
- Quantum Physics and Line Spectra.
COURSE CONTENT IN RHETORIC II
Module 5: The Newtonian World and Astrophysics:
- Thermal physics.
- Gas Laws
- Circular motion and oscillations
- Newton’s laws of gravitation
- Astrophysics and cosmology
Module 6: Particles and Medical Physics:
- Capacitors and electric Fields
- Magnetic fields
- Particle and Nuclear physics
- Medical Physics
- Enquiring mind
- Aptitude for Mathematics and problem solving
- Analytical and evaluative skills
- Application of theoretical models
- Visit to the Engineering Department at Hertfordshire University
- Visit to CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, Geneva
- Lectures and events run by physics education groups in and around Hertfordshire
- Lectures from university admission tutors
Higher education and career prospects
Physics A Level is a necessary requirement for a number of degree courses including Engineering and Physics. It is also a very useful A Level for Medicine, Veterinary Science, Forensic Science, Dentistry, Physiotherapy and Sports Science. It can also provide breadth of study for application to Law and business-related degrees.