Choose A Level Art, Craft & Design at St Edmund’s to further develop your critical, technical, theorectical and expressive skills.
This A Level course encourages creativity, sustained investigation, analysis, design and making, and experimentation. You will also extend your imagination and abilities as a critical and reflective thinker.
Through this two-year course, you’ll gain confidence in working innovatively and independently, skills that are valued by universities and employers.
Enrichment opportunities at St Ed’s include:
- Additional workshop sessions to support wider experimentation with materials, techniques and processes
- Life drawing opportunities
- Newly extended facilities for three-dimensional work, including welded steel sculpture
- Gallery visits to London and Cambridge
- Three-day practical project, led by a visiting artist as part of Activities Week
Assessment for both components takes place at the end of Rhetoric II (Year 13). There is an internal assessment at the end of Rhetoric I (Year 12).