Student Bus Service
We offer a School Bus Service provided by Kura, covering a wide area throughout Hertfordshire, Essex and North London for all students at the College (Years 7-13) and at the Prep (Form 3-6 only).
We review these routes throughout the year to ensure it meets the needs of prospective and current families. If you cannot see a route that is suitable for you, please click here to suggest a new route.
For further information, please contact our Admissions team.
A detailed look at our routes
To contact the St Edmund’s College Kura Team via email, please click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the St Edmund’s College Kura Team via telephone, please click here: 020 3005 3748
Please click here to view the fares for the 2020/21 year.
All bookings for the 2020/21 year should now be made via the Kura app.
All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions available here, please ensure you read these Ts and Cs before proceeding.
Key data will be shared with Kura securely for this system to operate. You can opt out of any data being shared by emailing email@example.com at any time. Doing so will mean that your child will be unable to use the school transport, even for ad-hoc journeys.
Details of how to download the app and register can be found on your dedicated transport site //ridekura.com/stedmunds. The webpage also includes a guide to booking, plus timetables and detailed stop information for your reference when booking. This site will be available to access on the day the booking window opens.
The app will allow you to track your child(ren)’s journeys and amend their schedule, as well as sending you notifications should there be a significant delay or alteration to the route.
You will be purchasing a seat on the bus for the academic year and fares will continue to be charged termly in arrears. No refunds will be issued for occasional absence, e.g. ill health. One term’s notice is required if you wish to make any changes to your child’s bus arrangements. If you need to change your bus requirements on a permanent basis during the term, this can be done using the Kura App. Depending on the popularity of routes we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate requests.
Parents must register pupils every year if they wish to use the bus service, using the Kura App.
- Your child must be in Year 3 or above to use the bus.
- When booking your child’s place, this is for the duration of the term.
- One term’s notice is required if you wish to cancel your child’s bus place. This can be done using the Kura App.
- ur child is carrying their bus fob at all times when using the bus. If your child loses their bus fob, they will need to request a new one from College Reception. There is a charge for replacements.
- Parents are asked to remind their child that they must abide by the school’s rules whilst on the bus.
- Owing to capacity constraints and to accommodate demand, the College reserve the right to alter the routes, stops and timings.
Members of St Edmund’s College & Prep School who travel to school on a bus are required to observe the following rules.
- Abide by all school rules
- Remain seated and wear their seat belts throughout the journey
- Carry bus fobs to and from school at all times
- Cooperate with College coach park staff and the driver at all times. Unruly behaviour is a dangerous distraction for the driver.
- Treat fellow passengers with respect. Bullying, whether verbal or physical, and racist or sexist language will not be tolerated
- Leave the bus in good order with no litter
- Only ask to get on and off the bus at the official stops
Students must not:
- Take onto the bus any of the following – alcohol, drugs, solvents, weapons, tobacco, or other harmful or illegal substances
- Not consume food or drink on the bus
- Not buy or sell goods on the bus