LAMDA pass rate
In our thriving Music Department, students find inspiration to develop and express their talents.
Music is integral to our curriculum, but our Music Department really comes alive through its wide range of co-curricular opportunities.
- 21 dedicated specialist instrumental and voice teachers
- 200 music lessons every week – choices include voice, strings, brass, woodwind, guitar, piano, harpsicord and organ
- 40 LAMDA or LAMDA Musical Theatre tutorial every week
- Schola Cantorum our College choir has c.70 members. This choir performs at special Masses, our Lenten Concert, Carol Service and other key events. The Schola has also performed at Canterbury Cathedral and Westminster Cathedral.
- St Edmund’s Chapel Choir operates on Sundays in term time
- St Edmund’s Chamber Choir performs at St Edmund’s functions such as weddings, funerals and balls
- Eight ensembles including Orchestra, Jazz Band, Concert Band, Junior Strings, Flute, Saxophones and Guitars
- Music practice rooms are fitted with a piano and our recital room has a concert grand piano
- Our Music Technology Suite is equipped with PCs, running Sibelius 7
St Edmund’s is an examination centre for four Boards: the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, Trinity Guildhall Examination Board, London College of Music (music theatre and pop vocals) and London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA). Students can also sit other Boards’ examinations via their tutors, including Rock School (guitar, drums).