Entry to Sixth Form will usually be conditional on achieving at least grade 6 in the subjects you wish to study at A Level with the following exceptions:
- Grade 7 for Mathematics
- Grade 8 for Further Mathematics
- Grade 66 in Combined Science to do any Science.
Grade 6 is usually required in related subjects to study the following subjects:
- Business Studies requires at least a grade 6 in English and Mathematics
- Economics requires at least a grade 6 in English and Mathematics
- Media Studies requires at least a grade 6 in English
- PE requires at least a grade 6 in Biology
- Politics requires at least a grade 6 in English
- Psychology requires at least a grade 6 in Mathematics
Students will also be invited to attend an interview with the Director of Sixth Form and confidential references will be requested and reviewed from your current school.
There are many ways you can visit and get to know us. You are welcome to attend our Open Day in September or the Spring, the Sixth Form Open Evening in October or a personal tour.
We also encourage all those interested in applying for Sixth Form at the College to come for a taster day. We arrange these days on an individual basis and tailor the day to enable the student to experience the subjects that they wish to study and meet with staff who will be able to offer further advice. The time here will also give an excellent insight into life at the College including the co-curricular programme, Combined Cadet Force, and our highly regarded Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Our online registration form should be completed and the £100 registration fee paid. Once you are registered you can apply for a Sixth Form Scholarship. More information can be found here or by clicking the drop-down box to the left of the page.
Following registration, an interview will be arranged with either the Headmaster or a member of the Senior Academic staff. Your predicted grades will be discussed and should all criteria be met an offer will be made.
International Sixth Form inquiries should contact our International Department by email: email@example.com