St Edmunds College is seeking a full-time, Finance Assistant to support our Finance Department.
(Required for as soon as possible)
The ideal candidate will be a highly organised professional with the ability to multitask and prioritise duties.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Duties Include but not limited to:
- Electronically distribute supplier invoices to budget holders for approval.
- Posting invoices to supplier accounts in the software package.
- Preparing payment proposals for authorisation by the Deputy Bursar.
- Processing payments either by cheque or BACS.
- Process overseas payments.
- Keeping records of monthly Council Tax for residential properties and processing payment.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements where applicable.
- Investigate and resolve supplier queries.
- Creditor month end reconciliation.
- Additional benefits include free lunch during term time, free parking and pension scheme.
St Edmund’s is England’s oldest Catholic school offering an all-round co-education for students from 3 to 18 and for families from all faiths.
Whilst not in a teaching role, as a Finance Assistant, you will be working on a regular basis in a school in a role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be required in advance of appointment.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. As with all College staff members, you will therefore be responsible for providing a safe environment in which children can learn.
If you would like to apply please download an application pack.
Closing date for applications when all forms must be received by HR is: Midday, Monday, 18th September 2023.
Interviews to take place: Shortly after the closing date.
Telephone: 01920 824335
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo relevant Safeguarding Checks. We may seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
Monday to Friday. Start and finish times to be agreed (for example, 8am to 4pm; 8am to 5pm; or 9.30am to 5.30pm).