The prospect of Sixth Form education at St Edmund’s College is a most exciting, challenging and important one. It offers you a superbly supportive environment that will not just provide a passport to the best universities, art schools and other institutions of higher education in Britain and abroad, but also offer you two years of discovery, stimulation and challenge.
Each year we hold Open Days held in September and the Spring and you are always welcome to come for a personal visit. It is also possible to arrange a taster day tailored to the subjects you may wish to study where possible.
Entry to Sixth Form will usually be conditional on achieving at least grade 6 in the subjects you wish to study at A Level with the following exceptions:
- Grade 7 for Mathematics
- Grade 8 for Further Mathematics
- Two Grade 6 in Combined Science to do any Science.
Grade 6 is usually required in related subjects to study the following subjects:
- Business Studies requires at least a grade 6 in English and Mathematics
- Economics requires at least a grade 6 in English and Mathematics
- Media Studies requires at least a grade 6 in English
- PE requires at least a grade 6 in Biology
- Politics requires at least a grade 6 in English
- Psychology requires at least a grade 6 in Mathematics
Students will also be invited to attend an interview with the Director of Sixth Form and confidential references will be requested and reviewed from your current school.
Scholarships are also available at Sixth Form at St Edmund’s College. Academic, music, art and sports scholarships are available, and we call these the Cardinal Allen Scholarships. More information about these is available here.
For more information on joining our Sixth Form please call the Admissions office on 01920 824247 or you can complete our online registration form here.