Summary of the Role
We are seeking to appoint a part-time teacher of Art (0.5) to cover a period of Maternity, to deliver a broad-based Art curriculum at KS3, KS4 and KS5. The post would suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher with excellent practical skills and the ability to engage and inspire pupils. The successful applicant will be a passionate advocate of the subject who will be able to contribute effectively to departmental development. Experience of the IB Diploma Programme is desirable but not essential for the post.
- Ensure all students in the College achieve their true potential in Art & Design.
- Deliver and participate in assessing GCSE and A Level / IB courses.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of examination work for external moderation.
- Ensure effective coverage and delivery of the National Curriculum programmes of study at KS3.
- Contribute to the maintenance of outstanding academic results in the Art Department.
- Use data to inform planning
- In conjunction with the Lead Teacher and Head of Department, review syllabi/specifications and ensure schemes of work are an integral part of subject teaching.
- Support lesson observation and monitor teaching and assessment to embrace current best practice.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Contribute to College open mornings, parents’ evenings, recruitment events and taster days for prospective students.