St Edmund’s College requires a Purchase Ledger Clerk to ensure accurate maintenance of the purchase ledger from invoices being received to being posted on the system and filed.
Hours: 20 Hours per week, exact timings to be discussed.
In addition to this, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Distribution of supplier invoices to Budget holders for approval.
- Posting invoices to supplier accounts on PASS.
- Preparing payment proposals for authorisation by the Assistant Bursar.
- Processing payments either by cheque or BACS.
- Keeping records of monthly Council Tax for residential properties and processing paymen.t
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Dealing with supplier queries.
- Providing cover during staff absence and leave.
- Dealing with mail, opening and distribution.
- Answering and resolving where possible telephone calls from parents, suppliers and staff.
- Maintaining efficient filing and other information systems.
- Carrying out general office duties, including photocopying and filing.
Whilst not in a teaching role, as a Purchase Ledger Clerk you will be working on a regular basis in a school in a role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be required in advance of appointment.
If you would like to apply for the position please download an application pack. Return your completed application to the HR Department by the closing date.
Telephone: 01920 824335
Closing date for applications: Midday, Friday 13th May 2022, for interviews to take place shortly after the closing date.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo relevant Safeguarding Checks. We may seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.