St Edmund's College requires someone to undertake a combined cleaning and porterage role.
(To start as soon as possible)
Working as part of a team to maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout the College and providing a service to all who use the premises to support the smooth day-to-day running of activities, regular and occasional events.
Main responsibilities are:
- To clean areas of the College at specific times, and in a designated manner, as instructed by the Domestic Services Manager or in their absence the Domestic Services Supervisor. These embrace: sports areas, cloakroom/changing areas, showers and toilets, classrooms, meeting rooms and other areas as appropriate including all surfaces and pipework in the vicinity.
- Prepare halls, meeting rooms and other areas for events, examinations and accommodation requirements by setting up chairs, tables, desks, other furniture and accessories in line with instructions provided.
- To collect, deliver and move items around and within the College within given timescales, including but not limited to parcels, packages, furniture, stationery, laundry
- Carry out sundry tasks and duties as required by the Domestic Services Manager or in their absence the Domestic Services Supervisor in the first instance, or by senior members of the academic or bursarial staff.
- Provide feedback to the Domestic Services Manager or in their absence the Domestic Services Supervisor regarding damages, incidents or any issues impacting the safety or cleanliness of the College
Additional benefits to include:
- free lunch during term time for full-time,
- free parking
- pension scheme – Employee contribution 4% College contribution 8.5%
- discretionary closure of the College between Christmas and New Year (in addition to annual leave)
- an increase to 25 days’ (FTE) annual leave following 5 years’ service plus public holidays
St Edmund’s College is a historic campus offering modern facilities in a magnificent country setting in rural Hertfordshire.
Whilst we are proud to be England’s oldest Catholic school, we welcome applications from all colleagues who wish to be part of our ethos.
If you would like to apply for the position please download an application pack and return your completed application pack to the HR department by the closing date.
Telephone: 01920 824335 Email: email@example.com
Applications to be received by midday, Tuesday 31st August 2021, for interviews to take place 3rd September 2021.
The College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, therefore, all candidates will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. We will seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before your interview.