St Edmund's College requires someone to undertake a combined cleaning and porterage role.
Hours: Monday – Friday 10.30 – 19.00
Plus any additional hours as may be necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
You must be able to work with a good degree of flexibility, to provide cover for other staff and to work alternate hours and weekends, as required.
Main responsibilities are:
- Assisting the Domestic team with a variety of work, including some heavy lifting and cleaning.
- Assisting in preparing for events, dealing with deliveries and cleaning designated areas. You will have due regard for Health & Safety.
Whilst not in a teaching role, as a Porter / Cleaner, you will be working on a regular basis in a school in a role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be required in advance of appointment.
Additional benefits to include:
- free lunch during term time for full-time,
- free parking
- pension scheme – Employee contribution 4% College contribution 8.5%
- discretionary closure of the College between Christmas and New Year (in addition to annual leave)
- an increase to 25 days’ (FTE) annual leave following 5 years’ service plus public holidays
St Edmund’s College is a historic campus offering modern facilities in a magnificent country setting in rural Hertfordshire.
Whilst we are proud to be England’s oldest Catholic school, we welcome applications from all colleagues who wish to be part of our ethos.
If you would like to apply for the position please download an application pack and return your completed application pack to the HR department by the closing date.
Telephone: 01920 824335 Email: email@example.com
Applications to be received as soon as possible, for interviews to take place as soon as possible.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo relevant Safeguarding Checks. We may seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.