Summary of the Role
Our grounds consist of 400 acres, comprising parkland and sports facilities. Grounds near to the main buildings require regular maintenance.
The Head of Grounds is responsible for coordinating landscaping efforts and related outdoor maintenance services, to train/manage grounds staff and ensure performance and quality.
Responsible for maintaining equipment to uphold the highest standard for the grounds and sports facilities, efficiently managing the budget to ensure appropriate upkeep/maintenance of lawns, shrubs, and trees, in addition to the maintenance and repair of outdoor features, such as fences.
- The maintenance of the College grounds and sports pitches.
- Supervision of the grounds staff, including work shadowing, training, time-keeplng and discipline matters.
- The maintenance of equipment, servicing and keeping records. Also ensuring staff are trained on the equipment and recording training.
- Security of buildings and equipment, to include the safe storage of chemicals and fuel. Updating the C.O.S.H.H. Register.
- Managing the departmental budget.
- Liaising with contractors employed by the College to ensure that all work carried out meets requirements.
- All other works as directed by the Bursar.
To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures detailed in the College’s code of conduct.