The Health, Safety and Security Officer and Transport Manger, is committed to ensuring that staff, students and visitors are safe and healthy and are fully supported to learn and develop. Students and staff are at the heart of the College and our aim is to continually improve safety provision for everyone.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to provide quality, reliable and practical support to managers, staff and students. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Health, Safety and Security of the College and Prep School and the provision of student transport.
Health and Safety Officer
The post holder is responsible for managing and advising on all Health & Safety matters within the College and Prep. The duties include:
· Advising on the development of policies, procedures and working practices throughout the College and Prep and providing practical and pragmatic Health & Safety advice to all staff as required.
· Undertaking employee risk assessments, pregnancy Health and Safety Assessments, return to work meetings and attending employee meetings as requested by the HR Department.
· Carrying out Health and Safety Inductions with new members of staff, as requested by HR.
· Ensuring that the College remains compliant with all Health and Safety Aspects of the ISI Regulations and attending meetings and liaising with staff accordingly.
· The interpretation and implementation of associated legislation in relation to health and safety.
· Writing and assisting with Risk Assessments for all College events, including Fire Risk Assessments.
· The investigation and reporting of all accidents within the College and Prep School and liaison with the Health & Safety Executive and the College Insurance Company. Reporting findings to the Bursar.
· The provision of accident statistics, trends and opinions to the senior management, upon request.
· Carry out periodic Health & Safety tours of the College/Prep site and report findings to the Bursar.
· Assist with identifying and delivering relevant training needs in relation to Health & Safety at the College and so ensure compliance with legislation and Health & Safety guidelines.
· Maintain up to date records of such training.
· Attend Health & Safety meetings and follow up and report back on matters raised.
· Fire Marshall Duties.
· Carrying out coach arrival / departure duties.
· Inclement weather conditions assessments.
The post holder is responsible for managing student transport within the College and Prep.
The duties include:
· Organising and overseeing the safe transport of pupils as and when required.
· Allocating duties and monitoring the timekeeping and training of the College drivers.
· Ensuring that the College fleet of minibuses are maintained to the highest standards and that safety / drivers’ checks are carried out as required by legislation.
· Administration of invoices within the College and with third parties for journeys / fuel.
· Investigating accidents and liaising with the College Insurers.
· Liaising with the HR Department regarding recruitment, staff welfare and disciplinary issues.
· Directly responsible for the day to day management of Health & Safety for the department in accordance with the College Health & Safety Policy.
· Covering minibus routes in the absence of drivers.
· Managing and overseeing transport requirements for the Summer School.
· Dealing with all staff issues with the support of the HR Department.
· Maintaining and updating security risk assessments.
· Liaising with relevant Local Authorities on matters relating to the security of the College/Prep.
· Monitoring and updating College Security Policy, taking into account relevant Home Office advice.
· Advising on College visits overseas and in the UK.
· Implementing and managing all security strategies and reporting back to the Headmaster and the Governors.
· Conducting regular security tours of the College grounds and buildings, reporting to the Headmaster
To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures detailed in the College’s safeguarding policy.
Undertake other duties of an appropriate level and nature as and when requested by line manager and/or Senior Leadership Team.