(Required for as soon as possible)
The role is to assist the Marketing and Admissions team in all aspects of marketing and admissions. In particular, it will involve dealing with enquiries, assisting in producing good quality creative marketing materials and all appropriate tasks in the admissions process.
Main Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the Marketing Manager in ensuring all school information guides and search engines are up to date with information often working to tight deadlines.
- Support the Marketing Manager with content for social media platforms.
- Creating accurate and engaging marketing materials for College ‘Welcome Screen’.
- Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager update content for the website.
- Take photos across the College and Prep for use on all digital platforms and print.
- Support the Admissions Registrar in organising Prep school Taster Days liaising with our Prep schools, academic staff to ensure stimulating, enjoyable and successful visits.
- Providing general administrative support, including letters, mailings, joining instructions, entrance exam processes and the compilation/updating of individual student files.
- Participating in College open days and other admissions events as necessary; meeting and greeting prospective parents, agents and students and answering queries.
- Provide informative, professional tours of the College to prospective families and possibly agents.
Whilst we are proud to be England’s oldest Catholic school, we welcome applications from all colleagues who wish to be part of our special ethos.
Whilst not in a teaching role, as a Marketing and Admissions Officer you will be working on a regular basis in a school in a role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be required in advance of appointment.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. As with all College staff members, you will therefore be responsible for providing a safe environment in which children can learn.
Additional benefits to include:
- free parking
- pension scheme – Employee contribution 4% College contribution 8.5%
- discretionary closure of the College between Christmas and New Year (in addition to annual leave)
- an increase to 25 days’ (FTE) annual leave following 5 years’ service plus public holidays
St Edmund’s College is a historic campus offering modern facilities in a magnificent country setting in rural Hertfordshire.
Whilst we are proud to be England’s oldest Catholic school, we welcome applications from all colleagues who wish to be part of our ethos.
If you would like to apply for the position please download an application pack and return your completed application pack to the HR department by the closing date.
Telephone: 01920 824335 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by Midday, Friday, 2nd June 2023
Interviews to take place as soon as possible.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo relevant Safeguarding Checks. We may seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.