We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Domestic Services Supervisor
(Required for as soon as possible)
Salary 24k to £28k (depending on experience)
St Edmund’s College offers modern facilities in a magnificent country setting in rural Hertfordshire, providing a safe and stimulating environment for young minds.
To undertake a combined supervisory and hands-on operations support role. Working as part of a team to maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout the College and Prep School and to ensure implementation of logistics for activities, meetings and events. In the absence of the Domestic Services Manager to undertake duties as set out in the Job Description.
Main responsibilities are:
- To be a hands-on supervisor, leading and working alongside the Domestic Services Team to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered.
- To ensure a high level of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained and the day-to-day operational needs of the College and Prep School are met, including parcel distribution, waste management, movement of laundry, furniture, goods and equipment along with set up for activities, meetings and events.
- To be a key contact for general domestic support requests.
- To take responsibility for planning and administrative tasks
- Whilst not in a teaching role, as Domestic Services Supervisor you will be working on a regular basis in a school in a role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be required in advance of appointment.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. As with all College staff members, you will therefore be responsible for providing a safe environment in which children can learn.
If you would like to apply for the position please download an application pack and return your completed application pack to the HR department as soon as possible.
Telephone: 01920 824335 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received as soon as possible for interviews to take place as soon as possible *
*Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and we reserve the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo relevant Safeguarding Checks. We may seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.