Are you an inspiring leader, gifted communicator and experienced educator?
Would you like to welcome the many opportunities to contribute to the life of England’s oldest Catholic School?
Do you have experience of teaching and leading in a Catholic educational setting, with a proven track record of supporting Catholic education?
(Required for September 2023)
As Deputy Head Pastoral you will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and have overall responsibility for the following:
- Overall Pastoral responsibility for the College
- Line manage the Pastoral teams, including the day Housemasters, Housemistresses and Heads of Year, along with the Head of Boarding
- With the Head of Boarding, maintain oversight and leadership of Boarding at the College
- Lead on inspection compliance and policy review as required
- Support colleagues with their communication with parents as required and to be able to lead this communication in the more complex circumstances
- With the Assistant Heads and DSL, provide leadership in the area wellbeing of all pupils including, but not limited to, mental health and the co-curricular life of the College
- Lead Student Voice
- Set the tone to help students become self-confident, responsible and tolerant members of the community
St Edmund’s is England’s oldest Catholic school offering an all-round co-education for students from 3 to 18 and for families from all faiths.
- Substantial family accommodation will be provided and the successful candidate will be required to live on site.
- Membership of Teachers’ Pension Scheme
The post will involve close contact with, and a high degree of responsibility for, children and young adults. The majority of this will be regulated activity.
You will be working on a regular basis in a school in a role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be required in advance of appointment.
As with all staff, you will be responsible for providing a safe environment in which children can learn.
If you would like to apply, please download an application pack.
Closing date for applications when all forms must be received by HR is: Midday, Monday 21st November 2022.
Interviews to take place:
1st Round: w/c 28th November 2022.
2nd Round: w/c 5th December 2022.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo relevant Safeguarding Checks. We will seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.