St Edmund’s Prep offers a magnificent country setting in rural Hertfordshire, providing a safe and stimulating environment for young minds.
We are seeking a reliable and hardworking Caretaker and Multi-skilled Tradesperson, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work on their own initiative.
Full-time: normally 8.00am – 5.00pm
The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of areas, as outlined in the application pack. These include:-
• Maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the school, including classrooms, offices, and common areas (with the support of our Domestic Department);
• Carrying out minor repairs and maintenance tasks as required;
• Supporting the Maintenance Department as required during school holidays;
• Ensuring that all equipment is in good working order and reporting any issues to the appropriate parties;
• Opening and closing the school each day including setting alarms and checking for any security breaches;
• Ensuring that the Prep School grounds are well-maintained and litter-free, and
• Assisting with the setup and breakdown of events and activities as needed.
If you are a team player with a strong work ethic and believe you have the skills and experience required for this role, we encourage you to apply by downloading an application pack and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst we are proud to be England’s oldest Catholic school, we welcome applications from all colleagues who wish to be part of our ethos.
Additional benefits include free lunch during term time, free parking and contributory pension scheme.
Whilst not in a teaching role, as a Caretaker in our Prep School you will be working on a regular basis in a school in a role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be required in advance of appointment.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. As with all College staff members, you will therefore be responsible for providing a safe environment in which children can learn.
Closing date for applications when all forms must be received by HR is:
Midday, Monday 26th February 2024
Interviews to take place: As soon as possible
Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and we reserve the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made.
Telephone: 01920 824335
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo relevant Safeguarding Checks.
We will seek references on short-listed candidates that will include questions about past disciplinary actions or allegations in relation to behaviour with children and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications before interview.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.